Computer Software | Greater Seattle Area, US
Erik Azar joined Applied Information Sciences, as a Principal Software Engineer in June 2011. Mr Azar is currently a consultant working with GEICO Insurance, prior to that he was a Sr. Software Architect at Vertafore, working on the BenefitPoint Management System, prior to that he was a Development Manager and was responsible for the technical direction and development of the Prime™ and InStar™ Agency Management Systems.
Mr. Azar has 20 yrs experience in the Information Technology / Enterprise Systems and Application Management industry. Prior to joining Vertafore, he worked in product development at NetIQ, a leader in systems and security management, and as Director of IT for Risk Management Solutions, Inc., the world’s leading provider of technology and services for the management of insurance catastrophic risks associated with natural perils, as well as products for enterprise risk management for the P&C insurance industry.
Specialties: Languages: C#, C/C++, Obj-C, Java, Ruby
* Hands-on management of Enterprise, Systems and Application Mgmt Software
* Software Engineering and Process
* Innovation in product vision, strategy and execution
* Alignment of business and technology goals to build customer-focused development teams and products
* Success with geographically diverse and cross-organizational projects
* Rapid development and deployment while insuring quality and scalability